Food Friday: Fantastic Artichoke Hearts

One thing I love about community cookbooks, besides the obvious that they tell the story of women, is some of the recipe titles used. It's in these books you see words like "Surprise," "Mystery," or even "The Best."  Today's recipe is no different, it is for Fantastic Artichoke Hearts.

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega



Today's cookbook is from the Beta Sigma Phi International (1973) and it's simply titled Gourmet Cookbook.

The preface explains the problem we all face as we head into the afternoon and early evening hours. That age old question, "what's for dinner?"

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega


Now, sure you could do what I do and say, "I don't know, what are you making for dinner?" But it is a serious question and we all get bored of the same recipes over and over again.

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega


So I'm a big fan of appetizers and thought I would provide you a few here. Yes, the photo is of chilled raw oysters which will not be on my dinner menu tonight but the other two recipes are a little more my speed. The stuffed tomato even includes a childhood staple in my family, deviled ham.


Comments

Popular Posts