Food Friday: Tuna Pie Newfoundland from Massachusetts

I was the very fortunate recipient of some community cookbooks and recipe pamphlets from a cookbook collector recently. I'm still looking through pages of recipes, names, and histories to research blog posts. Though I'm not done, I thought I would choose one of the books for today's edition of Food Friday.

So I present to you Favorite Recipes From Wilbraham Kitchens. The Women's Guild and Mother's Club of Wilbraham United Church of Wilbraham Massachusetts (1962).


Every recipe is annotated with the name of the submitter and we also have this nice list of the women involved in putting the cookbook together.



And of course no mid-century cookbook would be complete without some sort of tuna recipe. In this case you can add a cheese puff topping.



Part of this cookbook's charm is the advertisements, many of which are hand drawn. These illustrations also accompany many of the cookbook's pages. I love this page of advertisements that includes ads covering birth to death.


Comments

Popular Posts