Food Friday: Rosy Cinnamon Apples from 1976

Happy 4th of July! I hope you have a great time with family and  friends and of course, lots of great food. For today's edition of Food Friday, I thought I would dust off a cookbook I've blogged about before here. Because of its patriotic cover, it deserved to be highlighted  this weekend.

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega


Today's recipes come from the 1776-1976 cookbook from the Reading Women's Club of Reading, Kansas. For those with family from Reading, here's a list of those who made up the cookbook committee, officers, and even their membership list.

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega


I'm including two recipes representing a "white" dessert and a "red" dessert. Sorry, I didn't find a blue one but the white dessert could be made to look blue.

I especially like the red dessert because we have a family history reference included with it. Janice Riggs provides her husband's grandmother's name, Mrs. Ethel McMuller, and that she is from Emporia, Kansas.

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega

What foods will you be enjoying this holiday weekend?


Comments

Popular Posts